Sunday, November 3, 2013

Lunch Date @ Liwan Restaurant -Al Ghurair Rayhaan & Arjaan by Rotana

 Al Ghurair Arjaan & Rayhaan is part of the Rotana hotels. It is nestled in the heart of Deira and is linked to the new extension of the renowned Al Ghurair Center. You will never missed it when you're in the vicinity of the mall. And by far, you will notice a two building with one with "R" which stands for Rayhaan and one with "A" by Arjaan itself.


This lovely piece caught my attention when going to the 3rd floor wherein the main lobby is located.


Let's stroll around the lobby!!!





I got a chance to purchase a discount voucher for a International Buffet + unlimited mocktails  in Liwan Restaurant, it is their all day dining place...for only 89.00 Dhs!!!!what a good bargain...and believe me this is a great deal. And so far this is one of the buffet I enjoyed so much!!


Upon arrival I gave my printed voucher  and my name to the reception of the restaurant (btw, a reservation is required prior to your visit) and immediately a wait staff guided us to our seat and right after we seated a welcome drinks arrived.

Enjoying my "welcome drink"

Here's the simple yet cosy table set up.



And the menu for the mocktails was given for our drinks...I have mentioned it's "unlimited mocktails" right??!!just for the price of the mocktails..89 Dhs is such a steal!!!


Yes!!! we had two rounds of mocktails. They're freshly made with real fruits. For our first round, I had Chuck of Berry and he had Banananas. And before we left, we ordered for our second round which is Peach Pinacolada and Strawberry Nohito.

our lovely and yummy drinks

Let's start with the main event!!! THE FOOD

Cheese Counter
I'm not so happy with the cheese counter..the chooses was limited and there's no Brie on it :(

THE APPETIZER BAR


which includes all of these...







This is love!!!!

Honestly, with the appetizer counter itself + the mocktails I'm already solved with these goodness. I was telling my hubby I hope I still have room for the second round of maki's hahahhaa!!!

California Maki Roll, Spicy Tuna Roll, Sweet Potato Tempura Roll and Spicy Salmon Roll

My salad plate with baguette bread. The vegetables are fresh and crispy and btw, the corn was a winner not the thawed one nor the canned and the dressing was the best ranch dressing I ever tasted. I also took a sliced of toasted baguette with half cheese herb and half cheese salmon spread - and I loved them both :)



While I was enjoying my salad..hubby is having a seafood feast.

Fishing in a ice box



He enjoyed it a lot. I had tried a piece of prawn and a mussel and both are good - they tasted sweet which only proves that they're fresh and it also complimented the dressing which I guess is thousand island.

It's time for the main course.

Asian Counter
Creamy Spinach Soup

I didn't touch anything in the Asian Counter except for the soup. Aside from I'm already half full most of the dishes are not familiar to me or probably not just so appetizing to my sense.

This is where I got my main course meal. They do live pasta cooking  and Tempura but unfortunately they don't have Prawn Tempura that time. But what makes me happy was the "STEAK"!!!!! They have a corner for the steak which you can choose with different sauces and condiments and a pudding to compliment the meat.




In every buffet,  I was always looking forward for the dessert station. But since the place is already full when we finished our main course only few chooses were left in the station.


It was already past 3:00 pm when we leave our table. Imagine an almost 2 hours of satisfying our tummy and taste palette.


My overall experience is superb. And I'm looking forward to come back again soon. This one of the buffet will retain on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment