Thursday, November 14, 2013

Kutsinta Recipe


Kutsinta is one of those famous "kakanin" that is commonly sold along the streets specially early morning. I remember when I was young we used to go out to buy kakanin's for breakfast. Kutsinta is somewhat chewy and sticky and best paired with freshly grated coconut.




This is my second attempt to make kutsinta and I could say it's perfect from the taste to consistency. Even though the first one was not bad at all I just thought I'm not getting the right consistency and I already throw my remaining mixture when I realized that it needs to cool down to make it perfectly set.

Here's a perfect recipe to share:

Ingredients:

1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups water
1 tsp. lihiya/ lye water
atsuete powder (for coloring)
grated coconut

Procedure:

1. Mix flour and brown sugar.
2. Add water and mix properly making sure that there is no lumps left.
3. Dissolve atsuete powder in hot water then add Iye water.
4. Pour in the color mixture to your flour mixture. You can adjust the color as what you prefer.
5. Place the mixture into individual molds and steam for 40 minutes.
6. Serve with grated coconut on top.


Happy cooking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment